Guild Wars 2 Raids
The following links have general information regarding raiding in Guild Wars 2. Marked Souls has also put a series of pages together to gather what we think are the best guides and resources for each encounter.
- Reddit – A Collection of Raid Boss Guides – This lists all the guides but isn’t curated.
- Reddit – Getting Started in Raids – Pretty good guide for players just starting out with raids.
- Metabattle – Raid Team Composition – Don’t let the title of this guide fool you. It has a ton of good information including break numbers for conditions and skills.
- GW2 Raidar – Global Stats – There is a lot of good information on this page. If you’re using a DPS meter, this page will tell you where you stand compared to everyone else submitting data to gw2raidar.com.
- Dulfy – Raid Boss Guides – Text guides to the raid bosses with some videos showing the fights. Few videos contain explanations.
To be included on a Marked Souls Raid Team, a member must have at least one character built using a recommended build from one of the following sites:
- Forgiving Raid Builds for Nearly Top-Tier DPS by Knox
Each link below leads to a page with curated information for each raid encounter.
- Raid 1 – Forsaken Thicket
- Raid 2 – Bastion of the Penitent (aka wing 4 or w4)
- Raid 3 – Hall of Chains (aka wing 5 or w5)
Guild Wars 2 Tactical Overlay (TacO)
TacO is an overlay tool that has a pretty big feature list but the important things for raids are markers and timers for boss specific mechanics. Poison countdown on Matthias, mushroom labels on Sloth, etc.
This is a DPS meter and while we know there is still some controversy about them this is the best one for those that want to use one. It’s also got the added benefit of having a working build template system (switch between builds quickly).
If you’re looking for a way to easily share your arc DPS logs, here are the 2 sites we recommend:
GW2 Enhanced Launcher
This launcher allows quick access to the built in GW2 command line arguments to turn on things like BMP screenshots instead of JPGs but the real reason it’s listed here is the ARC DPS auto install/update feature.