The Year of the Dragon marks seven sensational years of Guild Wars, and we want you to join us for our biggest anniversary party ever.
It’s time once again to throw open the Shing Jea Boardwalk, rev up the Rollerbeetles, and don our party hats for two weeks of festive fun from April 24th to May 8th. In addition to the usual games and gifts, we’re packing this party with drops and activities never before seen in an anniversary celebration!
Besides the normal festival drops, this year the prize is a new charmable pet, the Hound of Balthazar.
For more information, read the following links:
- Added the Embark Beach location to the Battle Isles.
- Added new Zaishen Vanquish quests to Embark Beach.
- Mercenary Hero Slots are available for purchase from the In-Game Store and the NCsoft Store.
- Added Mercenary Registrars to the Great Temple of Balthazar, Lion’s Arch, Kaineng Center, and Kamadan, Jewel of Istan.
- Raised the party maximum on Heroes from three to seven.
- The Drunkard title now awards points based upon the number and strength of drinks consumed.
- The Survivor title now awards rank based upon the most experience gained between deaths.
- Added an online status drop-down box to the character select screen.
- Added a “Ready” status drop-down box to the party window.
Guild Wars Wiki notes
- This build also introduced the minion UI. Which can be seen by pressing the “Y” key
- Heroes are now sorted by profession in selection dropdown menu and party search window.
For more information: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:Game_updates/20110303
The Year of the Rabbit is upon us—it’s time for the annual Canthan New Year’s Festival! Help honor the Celestial Rabbit, a heavenly hare that will descend from the sky to bestow good luck upon the populace for all of 2011—but only if the traditional New Year’s feast meets the tiny beast’s high standards! — Official website
The 2011 Canthan New Year is an event which will run from noon Pacific (-8 GMT) on Thursday, 3 February 2011 and will end at noon Pacific (-8 GMT) on Monday, 7 February 2011. On Sunday, February 6th, the Celestial Rabbit will arrive every three hours to sample Canthan cuisine in Shing Jea Monastery.
For centuries, the goddess of life, Dwayna, who welcomes the coming of spring, has struggled with the god of death, Grenth, for control of Wintersday. This year, the god of war, Balthazar, has thrown his support behind Grenth, who vehemently believes that Wintersday should be a somber time of reflection on the inevitability of death. The Priests of Balthazar feel that the merriment of Wintersday is a glaring example of the weakness of humanity, and have vowed to aid Grenth with his seasonal shenanigans. In response, the goddess of nature, Melandru, has come to Dwayna’s assistance for fear of an endless winter destroying the delicate balance of nature!
Join the heated battle for the fate of this chilly holiday with our striking new Melandru and Balthazar costumes and our brand-new Wintersday challenge. As always, the towns of Lion’s Arch, Droknar’s Forge, Ascalon City, Kamadan, and the Eye of the North will be decked out in Wintersday decorations. Visitors to Lion’s Arch, Kamadan, and the Eye of the North will be invited to participate in holiday quests, missions, and games, all with their own rewards.
It’s that time of year again. Wintersday is coming to Guild Wars. It will run between December 16th 2010 until January 4th, 2011. The Wintersday grand finale runs every 3 hours starting at 12:01 am PST on Saturday, January 1st, 2011, and ending 12:01 am PST on Sunday, January 2nd, 2011,
This article is not to tell you whether or not to keep items but to help you in deciding what collectable drops you think are worth keeping.
These rewards once traded for will make you more gold than selling the collectable items themselves.
The entire list of profitable rewards can be found: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Category:Profitable_trophies. It’s a pretty handy list to have bookmarked with the new storage upgrades.
Rewards Worth Keeping
* Alphabetized by Collectable Item
- Blobs of Ooze x 7 = Refined Jelly (1 Sweet Tooth Point)
- Charr Hide x 4 = Fur Square (Rare Crafting Material)
- Destroyer Core x 250 =Destroyer Gauntlets (Armor)
- Diessa Chalice x 50 = Blindfold (Armor)
- Dredge Manifesto x 5 =Scroll of Hero’s Insight (Exp Bonus Scroll)
- Enslavement Stone x 5 =Scroll of Adventurer’s Insight (Exp Bonus Scroll)
- Glacial Stone x 100 = Glacial Gauntlets (Armor)
- Golden Rin Relic x 25 = Dread Mask (Armor)
- Kurzick Baubles x 5 = Scroll of Adventure’s Insight (Exp Bonus Scroll), Scroll of Rampager’s Insight (Exp Bonus Scroll), or Scroll of Hunter’s Insight (Exp Bonus Scroll)
- Luxon Pendant x 5 = Scroll of Adventure’s Insight (Exp Bonus Scroll), Scroll of Rampager’s Insight (Exp Bonus Scroll), or Scroll of Hunter’s Insight (Exp Bonus Scroll)
- Mahgo Claw x 3 =Scroll of Berserker’s Insight (Exp Bonus Scroll)
- Mandragor Roots x 3 = Mandragor Root Cake (1 Sweet Tooth Point)
- Seared Ribcages x 12 = Scroll of Slayer’s Insight (Exp Bonus Scroll)
- Sentient Spores x 5 = Bottle of Vabbian Wine (1 Drunkard Intoxication Level)
- Stone Grawl Necklaces x 8 = Honeycomb (1 Sweet Tooth Point)
- Superb Charr Carving x 250 = Mask of the Mo Zing (Armor)
- Unctuous Remains x 7 = Scroll of Hero’s Insight (Exp Bonus Scroll)
Holiday Event Collectors
At both of the above links you will find collector items that give items that will aid in Sweet Tooth, Party Animal, and Drunkard titles.
If you’d like to do more research, a complete list of collectable drops can be found: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Category:Trophies